Think Like an Engineer
Grades: 4th – 5th
Class Experience: Intermediate to Advanced
Do you have an older student that thinks they know everything? We have the solution for you. Life does not always come with an instruction book and neither does this class. The students are taught to look at the big picture and then cut it into smaller slices for observation. Each build will be presented in a series of images creating an environment for critical thinking. Students will be guided along the way to deeper their understanding of how things work from the inside out.
Over the duration of the course, Students will be learning to:
- Develop Important critical thinking skills
- Collaborate with team members
- Deepen their understanding of mechanical engineering
- Imagine complex structures they cannot see.
- Recreate and improve on the initial builds
This class will inspire and reinforces creative thinking while in a safe environment for building their knowledge of engineering. Thinking outside the box is the critical theme of this class.