Class Experience: Older beginner to intermediate
Is your student building and creating structures using popular LEGO© sets? Playing with LEGO© and learning the best ways to use different pieces will expand the students’ knowledge and development. In this class students will learn and add to their knowledge of LEGO© building equipment and engineering principles. We will start the journey of LEGO© movement with the motors and introduce gear ratios and how to manipulate the gears.
Over the duration of the course, Students will be learning to:
- Learn the differences between friction and non-friction parts
- Determine which gears to use for more power or more speed
- Trouble shooting when a build is not working properly
- Learn to work with others while brainstorming
- Identify equipment for builds
This class is designed to build on the knowledge the students have and to transition into robotics. Robotics is more than just science because it is also a great way to inspire our future generation to think about how to solve world problems one piece at a time. Each student will be encouraged to share in their experience. Our goal is not only to teach but to inspire them for the future.