Our mission at American Robotics Academy® is to excite, inspire, and motivate young people about the fun, importance and impact of robotics technology in today's world. We hope to stimulate their imagination and creativity by encouraging them to explore, experience, and express themselves through our hands-on interactive robotics program. Held in a friendly, sports-like atmosphere, we focus on team-building, problem solving, creativity and fun. Students will be working with the widely known and popular plastic LEGO building blocks, including the more specialized pieces such as axles, gears, beams, wheels, motors, microcomputers, pneumatics and other parts that will enable them to safely create animated and exciting mechanical movements and other effects. The LEGO Technic System has been adopted as the standard material for robotic designers, because of their sophisticated and powerful set of mechanical design components. The fact that they can be disassembled and reconfigured as necessary is essential in testing, design, and instruction.
Our classes teach students to understand "how things work" through hands-on activities that demonstrate the principles of simple and motorized machines. They gain experience with design and problem solving through the use of gears, motors, wheels and axles, pulleys, and remote control devices. Working in age appropriate teams of three, students learn a variety of ways to design a robot to do the things they want it to do. They decide and build, as a team, the best design of their robot for the competition to be held at the end of each class session.
All American Robotics Academy camps are designed around a curriculum that enables students to take a full day/week program or choose to enroll in just morning or afternoon classes.
At American Robotics Academy® , we can provide the guidance and confidence to build simple working robots, as well as the inspiration for more complex robotic inventions.
A Rewarding & Fulfilling Experience
Please allow me to share our views regarding behavioral expectations for our Robotics Camps. We want these classes to be rewarding and fulfilling for the students. In order to make this happen, please be mindful of behavioral guidelines which we feel will help promote a safe, orderly learning environment.
- Students should make every possible effort to be punctual and attend class as scheduled.
- An atmosphere of courtesy and respect for the teachers and other students will be adhered to at all times.
- Reservations will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Enrollment will be limited to a maximum of 15 students per session. We may cancel a class with less than 6 students registered. Click here for our registration form.
- Students should provide their own lunch (sack lunch) if attending full day programs.
- Students should arrive no earlier than ten minutes before class begins to permit our staff to prepare for the next class or session, parents are expected to pick up their child promptly at the scheduled time when classes end. Classes will end ten minutes early to give parents an opportunity to see their child's progress.
We look forward to a very wonderful, productive and exciting workshop. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.
Philosophy We Believe In
One Hundred Years from now it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money was in my bank account or what my clothes looked like. But the world may be a better place because I was important in the life of a child.